Table Doovalackys are flexible cords and have a fair amount of adjustment within them. Here at Bush Chook RV & Leisure we have been testing their limitations and their ideal tension in order to obtain the best results for securing RV internals.
Although we have built in tolerances for incorrect measuring it is best that you follow these simple measuring instructions for the best possible results for your Doovalackys.
Measuring tape, marker, centre punch, hammer, electric or cordless drill, rivet gun, phillips head screwdriver or tek gun, 2mm and a 1/8th drill bits.
It is imperative that you NEVER overstretch your Doovalackys, the Bungee cord joining crimp is metal and although it is wrapped with heat shrink, if the Doovalackys are stretched past their limitations they may fail causing the crimp to separate from the cord. If you or more importantly part of your face is in the rebound path of a failing Bungee cord, it could cause serious eye damage or even blindness.
In your Table Lacky kit you should have the following:1 x Custom made Table Lacky1 x White Bungee Button)1 x Black Bungee button 1 x 3.2 x 9.6 stainless steel rivet1 x 8g x 25mm timber fix screw
The above setup is common in moder RV's
The internal configuration in the majority of today’s RV’s is very similar, bed at the front, kitchen/dining in the middle and ensuite at the rear. This setup usually results with the seating area adjacent to the protruding wheel arch. The wheel arch below the bottom of your table leg will be the bottom anchor point for your Table Doovalacky.
Table Doovalacky Installation
mark the centre of the table leg and install the anchor
1) Fold your tri- fold table to the closed position to check the position of your Table Doovalacky.2) Mark the panel below the centre of the table leg to ascertain the position of the bottom anchor with a marker and mark the hole position. Ensure there is enough clearance below the table leg to miss the bungee button when the table is in the folded position.
Most RV interiors are a neutral colour or white (as per pic), we have supplied a white button for the bottom anchor and a black one for the table leg anchor. (Unless ordered differently)
Pull the table out and pre drill with a 2mm drill bit and screw the white bungee button into place.
3) Fold the table closed and measure 30mm up from the top of the wheel arch, now mark the back of the table leg at this point. Hold the black bungee button over this mark and check that it will fit at this point and doesn’t interfere with anything. For easier access pull the table back out and at the marked position find the centre of the table leg and centre punch for drilling.
4) Drill a hole with a 1/8th drill bit to accommodate the stainless steel rivet.
5) Insert the stainless steel rivet through the black anchor and fasten to the table leg. 6) Fold the table to the closed position again, the upper bungee button should be sitting higher than your wheel arch.
7) The easiest way to fit the Table Doovalacky is to loop it over the bottom anchor and pull up and around the table leg and clip over the top anchor. For ease of removal only have one side of the Table Doovalacky loop surrounding the table leg. This still has enough tension to keep your tri-fold table secure 8) Crack a cold can, you’re done!
Above: The tri-fold table is secure once the Table Doovalackys are fitted.
Do you owe a carton?
Have you drilled a hole in the wrong spot? Stuffed up a measurement?
Don't despair, if you've got holes drilled in your new walls and are worried about covering them there's a simple solution.
Go to a hardware store and grab some screw covers, most RV's have many of these throughout them as this is what manufacturers use to cover screws (or carton holes).Installation is easy as throwing a dab of silicon or glue on the back of them and covering the dodgy hole.
Also if the missus is bothered that the anchors you have installed are an eyesore, and you don't think they are required for your next trip they can easily be removed and the caps installed.
If you plan to hit the scrub again simply remove the caps and reinstall the anchors. Obviously being under the table and mostly hidden away they are out of view anyway.Here at Bush Chook we recommend that the Table Doovalckys be permanently installed as they will protect your tri-fold table even when on the blacktop.
We'd love some feedback on how your Table Doovalackys are going, we are always looking to improving and refining our products. So get in touch via email or maybe we'll see you on the road.
Catch you at Happy Hour